As the supervisor for an ironworking company in a major city, you
are responsible for introducing apprentice ironworkers to their new jobs.
is the first day for a group of seven apprentices. It will be their first
time going up on a highrise under construction.
Before the day begins,
you sit them down at the job site trailer for a little talk.
to tell them the following things:
- Safety harnesses must be worn at all times. Anyone caught without one
will face suspension or firing.
- No horseplay is allowed on the job, for obvious reasons.
- Every order from a superior must be followed to the letter. This is the
only way to learn.
- The rewards of being an ironworker are great, but you must be ever diligent
and aware of your surroundings.
- Being an ironworker is also a lot of fun if done right. It has a long
history of building the world and making it a better place.
You must tell them all this in a tone that will make them feel welcome,
but also let them know this is serious business. What will you say?