Plans, organizes, directs, controls or coordinates gaming operations in a casino. Formulates gaming policies for their area of responsibility.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Recreation, Amusements and Attractions pathway.
A person in this career:
- Removes suspected cheaters, such as card counters or other players who may have systems that shift the odds of winning to their favor.
- Circulates among gaming tables to ensure that operations are conducted properly, that dealers follow house rules, or that players are not cheating.
- Explains and interprets house rules, such as game rules or betting limits.
- Tracks supplies of money to tables and performs any required paperwork.
- Resolves customer complaints regarding problems such as payout errors.
- Markets or promotes the casino to bring in business.
- Prepares work schedules and station arrangements and keeps attendance records.
- Maintains familiarity with all games used at a facility, as well as strategies or tricks employed in those games.
- Sets and maintains a bank and table limit for each game.
- Monitors staffing levels to ensure that games and tables are adequately staffed for each shift, arranging for staff rotations and breaks and locating substitute employees as necessary.