Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of production and operating workers, such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production pathway, Production/Process Technology pathway.
A person in this career:
- Enforces safety and sanitation regulations.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Observes work and monitors gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Conducts employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assigns employee training to experienced workers.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Keeps records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
- Requisitions materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.