Supervises and coordinates activities of slot department workers to provide service to patrons. Handles and settles complaints of players. Verifies and pays off jackpots. Resets slot machines after payoffs. Makes repairs or adjustments to slot machines or recommends removal of slot machines for repair. Reports hazards and enforces safety rules.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Recreation, Amusements and Attractions pathway.
A person in this career:
- Responds to and resolves patrons' complaints.
- Performs minor repairs or makes adjustments to slot machines, resolving problems such as machine tilts and coin jams.
- Monitors payment of hand-delivered jackpots to ensure promptness.
- Trains, supervises, schedules, and evaluates slot department workers, including change runners and slot technicians.
- Resets slot machines after payoffs.
- Answers patrons' questions about gaming machine functions and payouts.
- Records the specifics of malfunctioning machines and documents malfunctions needing repair.
- Patrols assigned areas to ensure that players are following rules and that machines are functioning correctly.
- Attaches "out of order" signs to malfunctioning machines, and notifies technicians when machines need to be repaired or removed.
- Enforces safety rules, and reports or removes safety hazards as well as guests who are underage, intoxicated, disruptive, or cheating.