Feeds materials into or removes materials from machines or equipment that is automatic or tended by other workers.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production pathway.
A person in this career:
- Inspects materials and products for defects, and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Removes materials and products from machines and equipment, and places them in boxes, trucks or conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Pushes dual control buttons and moves controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment.
- Loads materials and products into machines and equipment, or onto conveyors, using hand tools and moving devices.
- Identifies and marks materials, products, and samples, following instructions.
- Cleans and maintains machinery, equipment, and work areas to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Weighs or measures materials or products to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Fastens, packages, or stacks materials and products, using hand tools and fastening equipment.
- Records production and operational data, such as amount of materials processed.
- Adds chemicals, solutions, or ingredients to machines or equipment as required by the manufacturing process.