Recruits and hires seasonal or temporary agricultural laborers. May transport, house, and provide meals for workers.
This career is part of the Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources cluster Agribusiness Systems pathway.
A person in this career:
- Pays wages of contracted farm laborers.
- Provides food, drinking water, and field sanitation facilities to contracted workers.
- Recruits and hires agricultural workers.
- Employs foremen to deal directly with workers when recruiting, hiring, instructing, assigning tasks, and enforcing work rules.
- Supervises the work of contracted employees.
- Furnishes tools for employee use.
- Directs and transports workers to appropriate work sites.
- Provides check-cashing services to employees.