Maintains and repairs weapons used by combat forces.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Security and Protective Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Repairs and maintains artillery, missile, multiple launch rocket systems, naval gun systems, and infantry weapons.
- Cleans and lubricates gyroscopes, sights, and other electro-optical fire control components.
- Repairs and maintains missile mounts, platforms, and launch mechanisms.
- Performs field and sustainment level maintenance/repairs on the mechanisms/systems of tank turrets/weapons, fighting vehicles, towed/self propelled artillery and electronic, electrical and cryogenic assemblies.
- Maintains, operates, services, and repairs weapons support systems such as power generation and distribution systems, environmental control, loading equipment, and associated interfaces.
- Operates and maintains automated data processing equipment to perform munitions accounting, computations, and research.
- Coordinates calibration and maintenance of associated missile systems test measurement diagnostic equipment.
- Repairs unserviceable optical and infrared components by aligning, adjusting, removing and replacing defective modules and assemblies.
- Maintains and/or repairs laser range finders, ballistic computers, laser observation devices, laser designators, thermal imaging systems.