Manages web environment design, deployment, development and maintenance activities. Performs testing and quality assurance of websites and web applications.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Network Systems pathway.
A person in this career:
- Backs up or modifies applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
- Determines sources of web page or server problems, and takes action to correct such problems.
- Reviews or updates web page content or links in a timely manner, using appropriate tools.
- Monitors systems for intrusions or denial of service attacks, and reports security breaches to appropriate personnel.
- Implements web site security measures, such as firewalls or message encryption.
- Administers internet/intranet infrastructure, including components such as web, file transfer protocol (FTP), news and mail servers.
- Collaborates with development teams to discuss, analyze, or resolve usability issues.
- Tests backup or recovery plans regularly and resolves any problems.
- Monitors web developments through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
- Implements updates, upgrades, and patches in a timely manner to limit loss of service.