Implements procedures and systems to prevent merchandise loss. Conducts audits and investigations of employee activity. May assist in developing policies, procedures, and systems for safeguarding assets.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Security and Protective Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Investigates known or suspected internal theft, external theft, or vendor fraud.
- Implements or monitors processes to reduce property or financial losses.
- Identifies and reports merchandise or stock shortages.
- Apprehends shoplifters in accordance with guidelines.
- Maintains documentation or reports on security-related incidents or investigations.
- Verifies proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms, sensor tag systems, or locks.
- Identifies and reports safety concerns to maintain a safe shopping and working environment.
- Conducts store audits to identify problem areas or procedural deficiencies.
- Monitors compliance with standard operating procedures for loss prevention, physical security, or risk management.
- Inspects buildings, equipment, or access points to determine security risks.