Operates one or more of a variety of office machines, such as photocopying, photographic, and duplicating machines, or other office machines.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Reads job orders to determine the type of work to be done, the quantities to be produced, and the materials needed.
- Operates office machines such as high speed business photocopiers, readers, scanners, addressing machines, stencil-cutting machines, microfilm readers or printers, folding and inserting machines, bursters, and binder machines.
- Places original copies in feed trays, feeds originals into feed rolls, or positions originals on tables beneath camera lenses.
- Computes prices for services and receives payment, or provides supervisors with billing information.
- Sorts, assembles, and proofs completed work.
- Sets up and adjusts machines, regulating factors such as speed, ink flow, focus, and number of copies.
- Monitors machine operation, and makes adjustments as necessary to ensure proper operation.
- Loads machines with materials such as blank paper or film.
- Maintains stock of supplies, and requisition any needed items.
- Files and stores completed documents.