Plans, directs, or coordinates the training and development activities and staff of an organization.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Human Resource Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Analyzes training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Evaluates instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Plans, develops, and provides training and staff development programs, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Prepares training budget for department or organization.
- Confers with management and conducts surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
- Develops and organizes training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Develops testing and evaluation procedures.
- Trains instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees.
- Conducts orientation sessions and arranges on-the-job training for new hires.
- Conducts or arranges for ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.