Writes advertising copy for use by publication or broadcast media to promote sale of goods and services.
This career is part of the Arts, A/V Technology and Communication cluster Journalism and Broadcasting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Writes to customers in their terms and on their level so that the advertiser's sales message is more readily received.
- Discusses with the client the product, advertising themes and methods, and any changes that should be made in advertising copy.
- Writes advertising copy for use by publication, broadcast, or internet media to promote the sale of goods and services.
- Presents drafts and ideas to clients.
- Varies language and tone of messages based on product and medium.
- Consults with sales, media and marketing representatives to obtain information on product or service and discuss style and length of advertising copy.
- Edits or rewrites existing copy as necessary, and submits copy for approval by supervisor.
- Develops advertising campaigns for a wide range of clients, working with an advertising agency's creative director and art director to determine the best way to present advertising information.
- Writes articles, bulletins, sales letters, speeches, and other related informative, marketing and promotional material.
- Conducts research and interviews to determine which of a product's selling features should be promoted.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.