Provides treatment of symptoms and disorders using needles and small electrical currents. May provide preventive and massage treatments.
This career is part of the Health Science cluster Therapeutic Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Inserts needles to provide acupuncture treatment.
- Maintains and follows standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws, regulations and statutes.
- Identifies correct anatomical and proportional point locations based on patients' anatomy and positions, contraindications, and precautions related to treatments such as intradermal needles, moxibution, electricity, guasha, and bleeding.
- Maintains detailed and complete records of health care plans and prognoses.
- Analyzes physical findings and medical histories to make diagnoses according to Oriental medicine traditions.
- Treats patients using tools such as needles, cups, ear balls, seeds, pellets, and nutritional supplements.
- Develops individual treatment plans and strategies.
- Collects medical histories and general health and life style information from patients.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.