Conducts financial transactions for patrons in a gaming establishment. May reconcile daily summaries of transactions to balance books. May accept patron's credit application and verify credit references to provide check-cashing authorization or to establish house credit accounts. May sell gambling chips, tokens, or tickets to patrons, or to other workers for resale to patrons. May convert gaming chips, tokens, or tickets to currency upon patron's request. May use a cash register or computer to record transaction.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Recreation, Amusements and Attractions pathway.
A person in this career:
- Follows all gaming regulations.
- Converts gaming checks, coupons, tokens, or coins to currency for gaming patrons.
- Maintains cage security.
- Maintains confidentiality of customers' transactions.
- Counts funds and reconciles daily summaries of transactions to balance books.
- Cashes checks and processes credit card advances for patrons.
- Prepares bank deposits, balancing assigned funds as necessary.
- Determines cash requirements for windows and orders all necessary currency, coins, or chips.
- Verifies accuracy of reports, such as authorization forms, transaction reconciliations, or exchange summary reports.
- Provides customers with information about casino operations.