Compiles data, computes fees and charges, and prepares invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records. May involve use of computer or typewriter, calculator, and adding and bookkeeping machines.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Corporate Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Verifies accuracy of billing data and revises any errors.
- Prepares itemized statements, bills, or invoices and records amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Performs bookkeeping work, including posting data or keeping other records concerning costs of goods or services or the shipment of goods.
- Operates typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines.
- Answers mail or telephone inquiries regarding rates, routing, or procedures.
- Resolves discrepancies in accounting records.
- Types billing documents, shipping labels, credit memorandums, or credit forms, using typewriters or computers.
- Contacts customers to obtain or relay account information.
- Reviews documents such as purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records to compute fees or charges due.
- Keeps records of invoices and support documents.