Teaches occupational, career and technical, or vocational subjects in public or private schools at the middle, intermediate, or junior high level.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Teaching and Training pathway.
A person in this career:
- Instructs and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
- Establishes and enforces rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Prepares materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Instructs students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
- Maintains accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Enforces all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Uses computers, audio-visual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Assigns and grades class work and homework.