Plans, directs or coordinates the academic, clerical or auxiliary activities of public or private elementary or secondary level schools.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Administration and Administrative Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Confers with parents and staff to discuss educational activities, policies, and student behavioral or learning problems.
- Enforces discipline and attendance rules.
- Observes teaching methods and examines learning materials to evaluate and standardize curricula and teaching techniques, and to determine areas where improvement is needed.
- Collaborates with teachers to develop and maintain curriculum standards, develop mission statements, and set performance goals and objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and evaluates primary and supplemental staff.
- Evaluates curricula, teaching methods, and programs to determine their effectiveness, efficiency, and utilization, and to ensure that school activities comply with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Counsels and provides guidance to students regarding personal, academic, vocational, or behavioral issues.
- Establishes, coordinates, and oversees particular programs across school districts, such as programs to evaluate student academic achievement.
- Sets educational standards and goals, and helps establish policies and procedures to carry them out.
- Plans and leads professional development activities for teachers, administrators, and support staff.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.