Directs the gathering and analysis of intelligence information needed for military planning. Often specializes in one area of intelligence, such as communications, signals, imagery, or combat.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Security and Protective Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Directs sea, ground, and aerial surveillance.
- Integrates efforts to attack personnel, facilities, or equipment with the intent of degrading, neutralizing, or destroying enemy combat capability.
- Exploits imagery and geospatial data from satellite and airborne systems in support of military operations.
- Prepares, reviews, and approves investigative/operational reports of investigations and inspections.
- Briefs commanders on intelligence findings.
- Helps plan military missions including those involving electronic and psychological warfare.
- Gathers and analyzes technical and human intelligence.
- Oversees security investigations.
- Provides technical expertise and manages activities during imagery interpretation activities.