Acts as oversight and security agent for management and customers. Observes casino or casino hotel operation for irregular activities, such as cheating or theft by either employees or patrons. May utilize one-way mirrors above the casino floor, cashier's cage and front desk. Use of audio and video equipment is also common to observe operation of the business. Usually required to provide verbal and written reports of all violations and suspicious behavior to supervisor.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Law Enforcement Services pathway, Security and Protective Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Monitors establishment activities to ensure adherence to state gaming regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Observes casino or casino hotel operations for irregular activities, such as cheating or theft by employees or patrons, using audio and video equipment and one-way mirrors.
- Reports all violations and suspicious behavior to supervisor, verbally or in writing.
- Acts as oversight and security agent for management and customers.
- Supervises and trains surveillance observers.