Sings songs on stage, radio, television or motion pictures.
This career is part of the Arts, A/V Technology and Communication cluster Performing Arts pathway.
A person in this career:
- Memorizes musical selections and routines, or sings following printed text, musical notation, or customer instructions.
- Sings as a soloist or as a member of a vocal group.
- Performs before live audiences, or in television, radio, or movie productions.
- Interprets or modifies music, applying knowledge of harmony, melody, rhythm, and voice production to individualize presentations and maintain audience interest.
- Practices singing exercises and studies with vocal coaches, in order to develop their voices and skills and to rehearse for upcoming roles.
- Sings a cappella or with musical accompaniment.
- Observes choral leaders or prompters for cues or directions in vocal presentation.
- Makes or participates in recordings.
- Seeks out and learns new music that is suitable for live performance and/or recording.
- Composes songs and/or creates vocal arrangements.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.