Assists electronics engineers in such activities as electronics systems and instrumentation design or digital signal processing.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production pathway.
A person in this career:
- Sets up and operates specialized or standard test equipment to diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electronic components, assemblies, or systems.
- Modifies, maintains, and repairs electronics equipment and systems to ensure that they function properly.
- Troubleshoots microprocessors or electronic instruments, equipment, or systems, using electronic test equipment such as logic analyzers.
- Replaces defective components or parts, using hand tools and precision instruments.
- Inspects newly installed equipment to adjust or correct operating problems.
- Prepares or maintains design, testing, or operational records and documentation.
- Conducts or supervises the installation and operation of electronic equipment and systems.
- Assembles circuitry for electronic systems according to engineering instructions, production specifications, or technical manuals.
- Selects electronics equipment, components, or systems to meet functional specifications.
- Supervises the building or testing of prototypes of electronics circuits, equipment, or systems.