Plans, directs, or coordinates activities of an organization or department that provides lodging and other accommodations.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Lodging pathway.
A person in this career:
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services, and resolves occupants' complaints.
- Participates in financial activities, such as the setting of room rates, the establishment of budgets, and the allocation of funds to departments.
- Confers and cooperates with other managers to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Greets and registers guests.
- Monitors the revenue activity of the hotel or facility.
- Manages and maintains temporary or permanent lodging facilities.
- Trains staff members.
- Observes and monitors staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to facility's policies and procedures.
- Coordinates front-office activities of hotels or motels, and resolves problems.
- Inspects guest rooms, public areas, and grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.