Attends to children at schools, businesses, private households, and child care institutions. Performs a variety of tasks, such as dressing, feeding, bathing, and overseeing play.
This career is part of the Human Services cluster Early Childhood Development pathway.
A person in this career:
- Maintains a safe play environment.
- Dresses children and changes diapers.
- Observes and monitors children's play activities.
- Communicates with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Keeps records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Sanitizes toys and play equipment.
- Supports children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Identifies signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and brings them to parents' or guardians' attention.
- Assists in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
- Instructs children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.