Performs duties related to the purchase, sale or holding of securities. Duties include writing orders for stock purchases or sales, computing transfer taxes, verifying stock transactions, accepting and delivering securities, tracking stock price fluctuations, computing equity, distributing dividends, and keeping records of daily transactions and holdings.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Corporate Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Corresponds with customers and confers with coworkers to answer inquiries, discuss market fluctuations, or resolve account problems.
- Documents security transactions, such as purchases, sales, conversions, redemptions, or payments, using computers, accounting ledgers, or certificate records.
- Files, types, or operates standard office machines.
- Performs clerical tasks, such as answering phones or distributing mail.
- Prepares forms, such as receipts, withdrawal orders, transmittal papers, or transfer confirmations, based on transaction requests from stockholders.
- Schedules and coordinates transfer and delivery of security certificates between companies, departments, and customers.
- Monitors daily stock prices and computes fluctuations to determine the need for additional collateral to secure loans.
- Verifies ownership and transaction information and dividend distribution instructions to ensure conformance with governmental regulations, using stock records and reports.
- Computes total holdings, dividends, interest, transfer taxes, brokerage fees, or commissions and allocates appropriate payments to customers.
- Prepares reports summarizing daily transactions and earnings for individual customer accounts.