Prepares emergency plans and procedures for all types of disasters, such as enemy attack, floods, earthquakes, or hurricanes.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Emergency and Fire Management Services pathway, Security and Protective Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Assists in preparing and maintaining disaster operations plans.
- Trains military and civilian personnel on what to do in an emergency.
- Operates and maintains nuclear, biological, and chemical detection and decontamination equipment.
- Conducts surveys to determine needs in the event of an emergency.
- Monitors disaster preparedness activities and training operations.
- Serves as members of emergency response teams.