Develops or applies mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information. May specialize in fields such as bio-statistics, agricultural statistics, business statistics, or economic statistics.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Corporate Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Applies sampling techniques or uses complete enumeration bases to determine and define groups to be surveyed.
- Develops an understanding of fields to which statistical methods are to be applied to determine whether methods and results are appropriate.
- Reports results of statistical analyses in peer-reviewed papers and technical manuals.
- Supervises and provides instructions for workers collecting and tabulating data.
- Adapts statistical methods to solve specific problems in many fields, such as economics, biology, and engineering.
- Reports results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Evaluates sources of information to determine any limitations in terms of reliability or usability.
- Develops software applications or programming to use for statistical modeling and graphic analysis.
- Evaluates the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.