Helps production workers by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production pathway.
A person in this career:
- Loads and unloads items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances.
- Operates machinery used in the production process, or assists machine operators.
- Places products in equipment or on work surfaces for further processing, inspecting, or wrapping.
- Examines products to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Starts machines or equipment to begin production processes.
- Observes equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notifies operators of any malfunctions.
- Removes products, machine attachments, or waste material from machines.
- Lifts raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists.
- Transfers finished products, raw materials, tools, or equipment between storage and work areas of plants and warehouses, by hand or using hand trucks or powered lift trucks.
- Packs and stores materials and products.