Conducts programs of compensation and benefits and job analysis for employer. May specialize in specific areas, such as position classification and pension programs.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Human Resource Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Ensures company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Evaluates job positions, determining classification, exempt or non-exempt status, and salary.
- Plans, develops, evaluates, improves, and communicates methods and techniques for selecting, promoting, compensating, evaluating, and training workers.
- Prepares occupational classifications, job descriptions and salary scales.
- Provides advice on the resolution of classification and salary complaints.
- Advises managers and employees on state and federal employment regulations, collective agreements, benefit and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs.
- Prepares reports, such as organization and flow charts, and career path reports, to summarize job analysis and evaluation and compensation analysis information.
- Performs multifactor data and cost analyses that may be used in areas such as support of collective bargaining agreements.
- Assesses need for and develop job analysis instruments and materials.
- Observes, interviews, and surveys employees and conduct focus group meetings to collect job, organizational, and occupational information.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.