Provides personal items to patrons or customers in locker rooms, dressing rooms, or coatrooms.
This career is part of the Human Services cluster Personal Care Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Provides towels and sheets to clients in public baths, steam rooms, and restrooms.
- Assigns dressing room facilities, locker space, or clothing containers to patrons of athletic or bathing establishments.
- Checks supplies to ensure adequate availability, and orders new supplies when necessary.
- Monitors patrons' facility use to ensure that rules and regulations are followed, and safety and order are maintained.
- Cleans facilities such as floors and locker rooms.
- Answers customer inquiries or explains cost, availability, policies, and procedures of facilities.
- Refers guest problems or complaints to supervisors.
- Maintains a lost-and-found collection.
- Cleans and polishes footwear, using brushes, sponges, cleaning fluid, polishes, waxes, liquid or sole dressing, and daubers.
- Activates emergency action plans and administers first aid, as necessary.