Plans and directs advertising policies and programs, or produces collateral materials such as posters, contests, coupons or giveaways, to create extra interest in the purchase of a product or service for a department, an entire organization, or on an account basis.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Marketing Communications pathway, Marketing Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Inspects layouts and advertising copy and edits scripts, audio and video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
- Plans and prepares advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments and advertising agencies.
- Gathers and organizes information to plan advertising campaigns.
- Confers with clients to provide marketing or technical advice.
- Directs, motivates, and monitors the mobilization of a campaign team to advance campaign goals.
- Confers with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
- Prepares budgets and submits estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development.
- Prepares and negotiates advertising and sales contracts.
- Plans and executes advertising policies and strategies for organizations.
- Assists with annual budget development.