Cleans dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, or utensils.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Restaurants, Food and Beverage Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Places clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Sorts and removes trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Sweeps or scrubs floors.
- Stocks supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Cleans or prepares various foods for cooking or serving.
- Receives and stores supplies.
- Cleans garbage cans with water or steam.
- Transfers supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.