Repairs, installs, adjusts, or maintains industrial production and processing machinery or refinery and pipeline distribution systems.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Maintenance, Installation and Repair pathway.
A person in this career:
- Repairs or replaces broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Repairs or maintains the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Disassembles machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Observes and tests the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
- Reassembles equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Cleans, lubricates, or adjusts parts, equipment, or machinery.
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Operates newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Analyzes test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Records parts or materials used and orders or requisitions new parts or materials as necessary.