Analyzes, interprets, and broadcasts news received from various sources.
This career is part of the Arts, A/V Technology and Communication cluster Journalism and Broadcasting pathway.
A person in this career:
- Writes commentaries, columns, or scripts, using computers.
- Coordinates and serves as an anchor on news broadcast programs.
- Edits news material to ensure that it fits within available time or space.
- Examines news items of local, national, and international significance to determine topics to address, or obtain assignments from editorial staff members.
- Analyzes and interprets news and information received from various sources to broadcast the information.
- Gathers information and develops perspectives about news subjects through research, interviews, observation, and experience.
- Selects material most pertinent to presentation, and organizes this material into appropriate formats.
- Presents news stories, and introduces in-depth videotaped segments or live transmissions from on-the-scene reporters.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.