Conducts offensive raids, demolitions, intelligence, search and rescue, and other missions from aboard aircraft, helicopters, ships, or submarines. Must stay in a constant state of readiness to strike anywhere in the world on a moment's notice. In addition to being combat trained, is also a trained swimmer, parachutist, and survival expert.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Security and Protective Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Carries out demolition raids against enemy military targets, such as bridges, railroads, and fuel depots.
- Clears mine fields, both underwater and on land.
- Conducts missions to gather intelligence information on enemy military forces.
- Conducts offensive raids or invasions of enemy territories.
- Destroys enemy ships in coastal areas, using underwater explosives.
- Performs land warfare, small unit tactics, mounted and dismounted operations.
- Performs small arms and crew served weapons, explosives, communications, tactical medicine.
- Conducts mission planning, intelligence gathering, and interpretation.
- Performs combat diving, paradrop and air operations, small boat operations, submarine and submersible operations.
- Conducts all environment missions including urban, desert, jungle, arctic, and mountain warfare.