Lubricates machinery, change parts, or performs other routine machinery maintenance.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Maintenance, Installation and Repair pathway.
A person in this career:
- Starts machines and observes mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
- Reads work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Reassembles machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Inspects or tests damaged machine parts, and marks defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs.
- Dismantles machines and removes parts for repair, using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes, or hoists.
- Installs, replaces, or changes machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Collaborates with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Inventories and requisitions machine parts, equipment, and other supplies so that stock can be maintained and replenished.
- Records production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Sets up and operates machines, and adjusts controls to regulate operations.