Directly supervises and coordinates work activities of cleaning personnel in hotels, hospitals, offices, and other establishments.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Consumer Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Plans and prepares employee work schedules.
- Coordinates activities with other departments to ensure that services are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Inspects work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Performs or assists with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Confers with staff to resolve performance and personnel problems, and to discuss company policies.
- Establishes and implements operational standards and procedures for the departments supervised.
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping services, and takes corrective action.
- Maintains required records of work hours, budgets, payrolls, and other information.
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities to determine the type of work required.
- Checks and maintains equipment to ensure that it is in working order.