Designs or creates graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, or logos. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects.
This career is part of the Arts, A/V Technology and Communication cluster Visual and Design Arts pathway.
A person in this career:
- Creates designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and selects style and sizes of type.
- Confers with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Develops graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Web sites.
- Reviews final layouts and suggests improvements as needed.
- Prepares illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Uses computer software to generate new images.
- Keys information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
- Maintains archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
- Prepares notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.