Maintains order in courts of law.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Law Enforcement Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Screens persons entering courthouse using magnetometers, x-ray machines, and other devices to collect and retain unauthorized firearms and other contraband.
- Provides security by patrolling interior and exterior of courthouse and escorting judges and other court employees.
- Enforces courtroom rules of behavior and warns persons not to smoke or disturb court procedure.
- Maintains order in courtroom during trial and guard jury from outside contact.
- Checks courtroom for security and cleanliness and assure availability of sundry supplies, such as notepads, for use by judge, jurors, and attorneys.
- Screens, controls, and handles evidence and exhibits during court proceedings.
- Reports need for police or medical assistance to sheriff's office.
- Stops people from entering courtroom while judge charges jury.
- Announces entrance of judge.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.