Scrapes and sands wooden floors to smooth surfaces using floor scraper and floor sanding machine, and applies coats of finish.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Inspects floors for smoothness.
- Scrapes and sands floor edges and areas inaccessible to floor sanders, using scrapers, disk-type sanders, and sandpaper.
- Guides sanding machines over surfaces of floors until surfaces are smooth.
- Attaches sandpaper to rollers of sanding machines.
- Applies filler compound and coats of finish to floors to seal wood.
- Removes excess glue from joints, using knives, scrapers, or wood chisels.