Accommodates hotel, motel, and resort patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Lodging pathway.
A person in this career:
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests of hotels or motels.
- Contacts housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Issues room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
- Verifies customers' credit, and establishes how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Posts charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers.
- Reviews accounts and charges with guests during the check out process.
- Records guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
- Computes bills, collects payments, and makes change for guests.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.