Plans, directs, or coordinates, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversees its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway, Maintenance and Operations pathway.
A person in this career:
- Confers with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepares and submits budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Inspects or reviews projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Inspects or reviews projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
- Plans, organizes, or directs activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Studies job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Investigates damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Prepares contracts or negotiates revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Develops or implements environmental protection programs.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.