Plans, directs, or coordinates, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversees its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Includes managers in specialized construction fields, such as carpentry or plumbing.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway, Maintenance and Operations pathway.
A person in this career:
- Confers with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepares and submits budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Inspects or reviews projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations.
- Inspects or reviews projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Plans, organizes, or directs activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Studies job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Investigates damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Prepares contracts or negotiates revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Develops or implements quality control programs.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.