Gathers and studies the information needed to design defense plans and tactics.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Security and Protective Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Performs military action involving the use of electromagnetic energy to determine, exploit, reduce, or prevent hostile use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Studies foreign troop movements.
- Operates sensitive radios to intercept foreign military communications.
- Exploits imagery and geospatial data from satellite and airborne systems in support of military operations.
- Participates in detecting, locating, tracking, and analyzing on ground targets, rotary wing, and slow moving fixed wing aircraft.
- Conducts Information Operations using foreign language skills and advanced computer systems.
- Prepares intelligence reports, maps, and charts.
- Installs, operates, and conducts preventive maintenance of associated equipment and facilities..
- Conducts investigations to detect, identify, assess, counter, exploit and neutralize threats to national security.
- Collects human intelligence (HUMINT) by interviewing, interrogating, or otherwise interacting directly with human sources of information.
- Transcribes, translates, and interprets foreign language materials and provides cultural and regional guidance.