Plans and designs structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property. Often uses computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) systems.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Design and Pre-Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares scale drawings or architectural designs, using computer-aided design or other tools.
- Plans or designs structures such as residences, office buildings, theatres, factories, or other structural properties in accordance with environmental, safety, or other regulations.
- Directs activities of technicians engaged in preparing drawings or specification documents.
- Prepares contract documents for building contractors.
- Prepares information regarding design, structure specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, or construction time.
- Meets with clients to review or discuss architectural drawings.
- Integrates engineering elements into unified architectural designs.
- Administers construction contracts.
- Consults with clients to determine functional or spatial requirements of structures.
- Develops marketing materials, proposals, or presentation to generate new work opportunities.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.