Designs and develops solutions to complex application problems, system administration issues or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Programming and Software Engineering pathway.
A person in this career:
- Communicates with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Provides advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Documents design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Verifies stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Collaborates with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Evaluates current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
- Provides technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Identifies system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Provides guidelines for implementing secure systems to customers or installation teams.
- Monitors system operation to detect potential problems.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.