Works as a member of a team to operate armored equipment and fire weapons to destroy enemy positions. Normally specializes by type of armor, such as tanks or water assault vehicles.
This career is part of the Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security cluster Security and Protective Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Drives armored land or amphibious assault vehicles in combat formations.
- Locates, operates target sighting equipment and engages targets.
- Operates communications and signaling equipment to receive and relay battle orders.
- Gathers and reports information about enemy strength and target location.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on armored vehicles and mounted weapons systems.
- Reads maps and battle plans.