Plans, directs, or coordinates one or more administrative services of an organization, such as records and information management, mail distribution, facilities planning and maintenance, custodial operations, and other office support services.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Corporate/General Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Monitors the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well-maintained.
- Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Sets goals and deadlines for the department.
- Acquires, distributes and stores supplies.
- Analyzes internal processes and recommends and implements procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records.
- Conducts classes to teach procedures to staff.
- Plans, administers, and controls budgets for contracts, equipment, and supplies.
- Hires and terminates clerical and administrative personnel.
- Directs or coordinates the supportive services department of a business, agency, or organization.
- Oversees construction and renovation projects to improve efficiency and to ensure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with government regulations.