Handles baggage for travelers at transportation terminals or for guests at hotels or similar establishments.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Lodging pathway.
A person in this career:
- Transfers luggage, trunks, and packages to and from rooms, loading areas, vehicles, or transportation terminals, by hand or using baggage carts.
- Greets incoming guests and escorts them to their rooms.
- Receives and marks baggage by completing and attaching claim checks.
- Supplies guests or travelers with directions, travel information, and other information, such as available services and points of interest.
- Assists physically challenged travelers and other guests with special needs.
- Transports guests about premises and local areas, or arranges for transportation.
- Maintains clean lobbies or entrance areas for travelers or guests.
- Delivers messages and room service orders, and runs errands for guests.
- Acts as part of the security team at transportation terminals, hotels, or similar establishments.
- Explains the operation of room features, such as locks, ventilation systems, and televisions.