Plans, directs, and coordinates the buying, selling, leasing, or governance activities of commercial, industrial, or residential real estate properties.
This career is part of the Management and Administration cluster Corporate/General Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Manages and oversees operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of commercial, industrial, or residential properties.
- Directs collection of monthly assessments, rental fees, and deposits and payment of insurance premiums, mortgage, taxes, and incurred operating expenses.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates general maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for commercial or residential properties.
- Inspects grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
- Acts as liaisons between on-site managers or tenants and owners.
- Meets with prospective tenants to show properties, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about local areas.
- Markets vacant space to prospective tenants through leasing agents, advertising, or other methods.
- Prepares detailed budgets and financial reports for properties.
- Maintains records of sales, rental or usage activity, special permits issued, maintenance and operating costs, or property availability.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of staff and contract personnel and evaluates their performance.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.