Teaches courses in childcare, family relations, finance, nutrition, and related subjects pertaining to home management. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Teaching and Training pathway.
A person in this career:
- Evaluates and grades students' class work, laboratory work, projects, assignments, and papers.
- Prepares course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Prepares and delivers lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as food science, nutrition, and child care.
- Initiates, facilitates, and moderates classroom discussions.
- Plans, evaluates, and revises curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
- Advises students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
- Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.