Formulates and applies mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions. May collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products. May develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Corporate Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Analyzes operational information, and prepares clear descriptions of problems.
- Validates and tests models to ensure adequacy, reformulating models as necessary.
- Collaborates with managers and decision-makers to clarify objectives and identify and solve problems.
- Defines data requirements, and gathers information using statistical tests.
- Studies information about various courses of action and selects plans that offer the best outcomes.
- Prepare reports for management defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
- Prepares models of problems to identify constants, variables, restrictions, and conflicting objectives.
- Analyzes information about each of the parts of component problems.
- Evaluates the implementation and effectiveness of research.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.